Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Nutella Cheescake (Guest Post)


Today is a guest post by my little sister Aimee. She's going to school to be a Home Ec Teacher. This is good; the girl can COOK! She has always been one to create miracles in the kitchen with random ingredients if she doesn't have what the recipe asks for. Take it away Aimee!
--------------------------------------

Hey everyone! Thanks Abbey for asking me to be a guest on your blog!



The other night I was home alone watching The Food Network Channel (one of my faves) when I had the urge to make something chocolatey. Now I don’t usually have this type of craving because I’m not the biggest fan of chocolate, so I figured I should act quickly.  And it was fantastic! I found a Nutella cheesecake recipe on Pinterest that was easy so I decided to make it with my own twist on it. My kitchen doesn’t always have the necessary ingredients to make yummy food, so I really had to improvise with a lot of things. 






Filling
  • 8 oz. Softened Cream Cheese 
  • 2/3 c. Nutella
  • 8 oz. Whipped Cream
Mix the cream cheese and Nutella together with a mixer. Once they are combined, fold in the whipped cream until there are no streaks. Then pour onto crust and top with more whipped cream if desired.

Crust
12 Oreo Cookies, crushed
3 T Butter
(mixed and pressed into a cheesecake pan)
Or
Graham Crackers
Or
I used an oatmeal crust that I threw together. It was a combination of oatmeal, brown sugar and butter that I baked in the oven. 
 Spread filling onto pie crust and top with more whipped cream!
 ----------------------------------
Its me again. She's good huh?! I vote that it would be a great dessert for your Valentine. 
 If you have a recipe that I or the rest of the world needs to know about, share the wealth and be a guest poster! Email me at morethanjustacasserole@gmail.com to let me know!

No comments: