Thursday, June 16, 2011

Taco Stuffed Shells


  • 1 lb. Ground Beef
  • 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
  • 14 oz. pkg. Cream Cheese
  • 15 large Pasta Shells
  • 1 c. Salsa
  • 1 c. Taco Sauce
  • 1 c. Colby Jack Cheese {shredded}
  • 1 c. Pepper Jack Cheese {shredded}
  • 1 c. Crushed Tortilla Chips {crushed}
1. In a frying pan cook ground beef and add taco seasoning and prepare according to the package directions. Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until melted. Blend well. Set aside and allow to fully cool.  While burger is cooking, cook pasta shells, drain, and toss well with butter.
2. Pour salsa in bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. Stuff each shell with meat mixture.  Place the stuffed shells in the baking dish and cover shells with the taco sauce.
4. Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, uncover, and sprinkle crushed chips and shredded cheeses on top.  Cook for about 15 minutes more.  Serve with sour cream and your other favorite taco toppings.

This is my own rendition of a recipe I found on Pinterest.  It is simple, full of lots of flavor and a fun way to jazz up those taco nights!

2 comments:

Alison Berrett said...

Yummmm...We've made these before and they are yummy! Though I think your recipe is a bit simpler than the one I tried, I'll have to give this one a whirl.

Andrea Stevenson said...

Abbey, I don't know if I've ever told you this, but this blog is probably the one I go to most for recipes. Camaron and I looove it!! Thanks for your yummy easy recipes