Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Creamy Zucchini Linguini

This is my new favorite pasta dish. I literally ate until my belly was going to burst which was not good for the weight loss competition I'm in right now. I love Alfredo and I love zucchini; throw them together and you get heaven. The zucchini gives it almost a buttery taste and we all know butter make everything better. :) My little one was also shoveling it in as fast as her little fingers could pick it up (fingers are much more efficient for pasta). Give this one a try; you will like it. I promise.
-------------------------------------------
  • 1 lb. Linguini
  • 2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 3 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 2 lbs Zucchini, quartered and then wedged
  • 1/2 t. Salt
  • 1/8 t. Pepper
  • 1 c. shredded Sharp Cheese
  • 1 c. Bottled Alfredo Sauce
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.  Add garlic; cook, stirring, about 30 seconds or until lightly browned.
Increased heat to high. Stir in zucchini, salt and pepper. Cook stirring often, about 3 minutes or until tender.  Add cheese and Alfredo sauce; heat through. Transfer to a large bowl; toss with pasta.

1 comment:

Alison Berrett said...

Oh I do want to try this!