Thursday, September 4, 2014

Creamed Peas and Potatoes

This was one of my favorite meals growing up but my grandma was the only one that could make just right. It's the ultimate comfort food; creamy and warm and it is the BEST with potatoes and peas straight from the garden. I can count on one hand how many I've made creamed peas and potatoes while I've been married simply because I could never get it like my grandma's. Recently, I've finally mastered it and my husband and children are now rolling in creamy bliss.
_______________________________________________________

  • 1 stick of Butter
  • 5 or 6 T. Flour
  • 2-3 c. Potatoes, cubed and boiled
  • Peas
  • 1/2 gal. Milk
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
In a large pot melt stick of butter on medium-high heat. Gradually add and stir in flour until thick (you are making a roux).  Stir in milk.  Add potatoes and peas. Generously salt and pepper to taste. Stir until until thick and creamy.

No comments: