Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken


Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
  •  6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1 (8 oz.) ctn. Whipped cream cheese with onion and chives {I never use it all}
  • 1 T.butter or margarine, cubed
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 6 bacon strips
Flatten chicken to 1/2 -inch thickness.  Spread 3 tablespoons {I never do this much. just eyeball it}over each.  Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roll it. {I like to keep mine flat} Wrap each with a bacon strip.  Place seam side down, on a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. 

Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.  Broil 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp.

{My secret: a slice of pepper jack cheese on top of each chicken breast immediately after it comes out of the oven to melt.}


Serve with a yummy salad and some creamy garlic mashed potatoes and you've got it made.  Maybe, I'll share that recipe someday too.  :) Try it for yourself and let me know what you think!

No comments: